So this weekend was a bit of a write off!

This week I have stayed at Katie-Jo’s house as I do when I am on the late shift as there are no trains after 11pm. It also gives me a chance to spend time with the boys (even if it is in passing when we leave early and I get back late). So the week as always flew by as I spent the majority of my waking hours in work (10 and a half hour shifts can be a real killer at times!).

So on Saturday we had to get up early as Teddy had his jabs booked in with the vets (Katie-Jo took Buddy on Friday whilst I was at work). This was a trip to the vets everyone was secretly dreading, Teddy because he hates the vets and us because well its stressful and embarrassing. It didn’t get off to a good start when Teddy refused to go through the door – once we managed to coax him in he made friends with another dog and decided to be as submissive as ever and spent a good few minutes on his back. Even though he was clearly quote ‘scared’, he didn’t have to be taken away so they could do his jab as Katie-Jo kept him distracted with lots of cwtches.

Once we had finished in the vets we took him for a walk as a reward and for a bit of one on one time with us (being in a house with 3 other dogs it isn’t often they get your undivided attention). He really seemed to enjoy himself and was in his element picking up all the different sights and scents. He even tried to make a run for the river, which we managed to convince him wasn’t the best idea.

Once we got back we aimed to be really productive and get a lot of work done for our university courses and also Katie-Jo wanted help to start up a new blog. After about an hour or so we sort of got distracted by watching Pretty Little Liars and Homeland.

This is when disaster struck.

I started to get a really bad pain in my stomach, and a bit of a headache we put it down to being tired from the late shift. But it was getting worse – Clare gave me some paracetamol and then I sort of started to fall asleep. Then I began being sick (being sick is the most exhausting thing ever). Not only was I being sick but I started to get a temperature – it all sort of came from nowhere. Luckily Katie-Jo was on hand and looked after me (first time for everything considering she usually has a breakdown whenever anyone is ill or not feeling quite right :P).

When I woke up Sunday morning I still had a bit of a headache but (thankfully) I wasn’t feeling sick anymore. Although after feeling so ill on Saturday afternoon/evening we had a more chilled day. We went down to Tescos so that I could get some Lucozade and some biscuits. Although I was pretty exhausted from being ill we were a little bit more productive than we had been on Saturday. Katie-Jo managed to get quite a bit of her new blog done. I managed to send a few emails to my module leaders, get some more quote of the day posts on my facebook page, caught up on some vlogs on youtube, and got some more things for my blog done.

I went back to work today – but I get a long weekend off – Friday, Saturday and Sunday – So I hope to be able to do something exciting (I’m already going to Annie’s for drinks on Saturday) and vlog the whole weekend.

Hope you all have a good week!

– Stacey xo

Leave a Reply


Design a site like this with
Get started