This is my last weekly post that I needed to catch up! It took a bit of work but we are finally caught up ready for the normal schedule to resume! Week 10 of 2020 will be posted tomorrow

This post contains affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate I may earn a small commission if you use my link to click through to their website and make a purchase. Doing this it doesn’t cost you anything but does help to support this blog. I purchased the items featured in this post and have not been paid to write this post.

My days off were scattered all over the place this week and they didn’t match up with Marysia’s shifts either so I tried to have a chilled week.

My first day off from work was on Tuesday and I decided to visit Rachel. We had a bit of a catch up before I decided to catch the bus into town as I had a few things I needed to buy. The first thing on my shopping list was some cream for my face as it has been getting very dry and sore recently – I managed to get some aqueous cream which seems to be doing the job so far! Rachel asked me to pick up some sausage rolls for her from Greggs so I grabbed those before jumping back on the bus and heading back home. I popped down to give Rachel her sausage rolls and then came back home where I worked on this blog, which felt refreshing as I hadn’t written anything in a while so I worked on my review for Happy by Fearne Cotton.

On Friday Storm Jorge started to hit, I was in work and it was lucky that I wasn’t going to see Marysia that weekend as the trains started to get cancelled due to flooding on the train tracks.

I was glad to get home and cosy out of the rain once I got home as I knew I wouldn’t have to go back out in the bad weather over the weekend.

Fast forward to Saturday and it was a case of curiosity killed the cat. After scrolling through facebook whilst drinking my morning cups of tea I decided that I wanted to get out and have look at the carnage caused by Storm Jorge. The first place I came across that had been affected by the storm was Ely Bridge as the river had risen and flooded the top of the road.

After carrying on I decided to walk up through Llandaff fields into town to see Bute Park and how that had faired from the storm.

As I saw the River Taff I was amazed at how fast the river was flowing as well as how much water had flooded into Bute Park.

After I finished my walk I and took a few photos in Bute Park I decided to jump on the bus and head back home as I had a parcel on its way.

I had ordered some new pens from Amazon as I am trying to get back into drawing a bit more. I had some vouchers to spend and found a budget version of copic markers to give a go. The parcel actually arrived relatively early and I was quite happy with this as it meant I could try the pens out. I was really happy with the quality of them and smooth they are to draw with.

Sunday was St David’s day and I spent most of the day reading my book, Becoming by Michelle Obama, as I had finally got into it.

It took me while which surprised me as autobiographies I tend to enjoy a lot more than any other kind of book. In the afternoon I jumped on the bus and headed into town for a walk. When I got home I had a chilled evening catching up on Celebs Go Dating before crashing in bed.

Leave a Reply


%d bloggers like this:
Design a site like this with
Get started