Monday 14th June 2021

Woke up and felt as though I hadn’t slept although that was probably as a result of going to sleep at 2am following my late afternoon nap. I now definitely know the definition of a danger nap.

After packing my bed away I made a cups of tea and took my tablets before getting ready for the day.

We headed off to the retail park in biggleswade where I got a few things from Wilkos, hay fever wipes from superdrug and a couple of funky shirts from TKmax.

We stopped off and had a McDonalds lunch and all had happy meals – I mixed it up this time and had a hamburger one instead of nuggets.

Our final stop for the day was Tescos to pick up photos, a couple of bottles of cider for this evening.

We got back unpacked, I ate some snacks, then relaxed a little bit before heading back out with Dad to pick up some things from B&M. My Mum and Dad wanted to get a gift for mine and Marysia’s wedding and I finally managed to get the USB plugs I had been tryign to find all day.

I got back just after six and got straight on with making my dinner (ribs and chips) before Ivan and Ryan dropped off a wedding card for Me and Marysia. Then it was FINALLY time to chill.

I have a feeling tomorrow will be another busy day getting things sorted before heading back to Cardiff on Wednesday

Tuesday 15th June 2021

2 sleeps until me and Marysia get married.

It has been a strange day, my last day in Cambridge before we head back to Cardiff tomorrow. I feel as though I was meant to get way more things done than I actually have.

I managed to start my day quite early even though Barney woke me up a few times in the night just to stroke his belly. After taking my tablets and getting dressed I went for a morning walk and got my Mum her papers. The weather was a bit cooler too which was quite nice in comparison the the last few days where it has been boiling hot!

Once I got back from the shop I wrapped Danny’s present up and cleared the floor from where my Mum had been cutting the dogs fur before getting on with making everyone a bacon roll. I also started filling in the book I bought for Marysia to give to her on our wedding day although like everything I have left it a little bit later than I should have and it is going to be a bit tight to get it all done in time!

Me and my parents then went to the garden centre and my Mum got a few more plants for the garden – it is turning into a flowery jungle now! My Dad also bought Marysia and I the VW camper van picnic blanket that mathces the cool bag my Mum bought us when I first arrived back in Cambridge. I also picked up a couple of books from the works. We then continued onto Tescos to fill the car up before we leave for Cardiff tomorrow. We also hunted down a cash machine for me to get my rent out so there is one less things for me to do whenI get back.

When we got back to my parents house it was all steam ahead getting everything packed up and ready to leave tomorrow morning so (hopefully) it will be nice and stress free when we leave in the morning.

The day finished having a nice cold cider in the garden before having some ribs and chips for dinner.

Wednesday 16th June 2021

WOW. What an incredible few days it has been!

My family (minus Tasha as she was looking after Bertie and Barney) drove me back to Cardiff on Wednesday which actually ended up being quite a reasonable journey and didn’t feel as long as it actually was. We had a pitstop just before we hit the last 100 miles to go where we got some lunch. I ended up making myself a sandwich as all the choices that were there either had cheese or egg in them and I really didnt want a reaction before or on our wedding.

Once we got to Cardiff my parents dropped me off at my house before the headed off to their hotel for the next few days. I had a quick catch up with Bev and Pete before running down to the pharmacy to pick up my prescription. I then had a crazy few hours of unpacking and repacking ready for Marysia to pick me up. I almost forgot the rings! After a quick shower and getting changed I was ready just about as Marysia pulled up outside.

Once Marysia picked me up we headed into town to meet up with my Mum, Dad and Aaron to have dinner in the Slug and Lettuce.

We had a great time and the food was really tasty – plus it came out really fast!

Thursday 17th June 2021

I woke up at 5.20am and was greeted by a sneeze in the face from Boris! Marysia and I started the day with a cups of tea (coffee for her!) and a quick breakfast before starting to get ready to head back to Cardiff for our wedding! The next few hours was a blur of showering, ironing clothes, drying hair, straightening hair, putting make up and getting dressed – before we knew it we were in the car and on our way to Cardiff ready to meet my family. After parking up, an emergency wee stop and a quick walk through St David’s shopping centre we were finally ready to go and get married.

After waiting outside the registry office the registrar came out to take us into the room where we were going to get married. The whole ceremony went by in the blink of an eye and I am so glad that we were allowed to record it and watch it back later as I couldnt take it all in. I was so focused on trying to make sure I said the right things in the right order.

It was a really lvoely ceremony and the lady conducting it was so friendly and warm which made it feel so special even though it was just us and my parents there. Once we were declared Wife and Wife we left the registry office and took some photos outside with my family before rearraging our lunch booking to bring it forward. We then headed off to Mumbles for lunch.

Once we found a parking space (for some reason Mumbles was REALLY busy) we met back up with my parents and brother and headed to the restaurant. We had a table booked at Bistro Pierre as our first meal as a married couple. Once we had worked out how to get up to the restaurant (there were a lot of doors), we were directed to a table right in the wondow overlooking the sea.

The food was amazing and we had such a great time together.

After we had lunch we headed back to Marysia’s were we gave my parents some gifts and Aaron was able to meet Boris. We also had some cake – it was a Cuthbert the Caterpillar cake.

The day was just perfect and it was so nice to be able to look through the photos, messages, cards and gifts. We were well and truly spoilt, but are very thankful to be surrounded by so much love.


I cannot wait for part two in South Africe which will hopefully (everything is crossed) be in May 2022!

Friday 18th June 2021

Our first day as a married couple.

I actually managed to sleep in a little bit longer than I have managed recently which was nice. I woke up to a cup of tea prepared by my wife and ate a couple of pastries. We decided to get ready early and go and get some shopping for the weekend before having a chilled afternoon after a very busy few days!

Once we got dressed we headed out and got some breakfast from McDonalds, I had a bacon roll, before going on to the shops. Our first stop of the day was B&M where we picked up some snacks and drinks. We also got a pair of photo frames which hold several photos so that we can dedicate one frame to our Cardiff wedding and another to our South Africa wedding. Marysia bought me a scrapbook as a wedding/anniversary gift so whilst we were in B&M I bought soem bits to be able to start that off too. Once we were done in B&M we headed into Pets at Home to pick up somne food for Boris and we also got him a little ice lolly toy. Then it was time to head to our final stop of the day, Lidl, where we picked up our food for the weekend. We also managed to pick up a few things to put away for our future house.

After shopping, we headed back to Marysia’s where we put the shopping away and put the future house things in the loft with the other things we have been collecting up.

Our afternoon has been really chilled out, Marysia has been able to play her game on the computer and I have been able to catch up on Grey’s Anatomy and Station 19 whilst eating some snacks. The perfect start to married life!

Saturday 19th June 2021

It was an eventful night last night! I woke up in the early hours and found that my ring finger had swollen and felt as though my wedding ring was cutting into my finger. I managed to get some ice on it to bring the swelling down and slowly twist the ring off of my finger. I am not sure what caused my hand to swell whether it was the weather, clenching my hands in my sleep or something else. But have had to leave my ring off for today to let the swelling finish going down and it is a little bit bruised. We think I may have to get it resized but will see how it goes over the next few days.

Once I managed to get a few more hours sleep we were up early having our cups of tea (coffee for Marysia) and a morning pastry, I am a massive fan of Lidl’s pain au chocolat!

We then decided to take the opportunity of the cooler weather and take Boris for a walk around the block, of course he decided we needed to head into the park too.

After we got back from our walk with Boris it was time for a mid morning hot drink and a bit of a tidy up before gettign on with some admin things including changing a few bits over to my married name! I am taking Marysia’s surname and will be phasing things over to my new married name over the next year and will officially change everything over once the second part of our wedding plans take place next year in South Africa. Whilst Marysia played some of her game on her computer I carried on sorting my admin out and catching up on some emails and messages from the last few days. I also did a bit of hoovering and caught up on Big Sky as well as some youtube videos.

This afternoon we headed to the shops to start get some bits as I decided I wanted to start focussing a bit more on my health and fitness again. Since having covid I have let my food choices and physical activity slide quite a lot and I was previously doing really well with getting back into shape, so I decided now that the first part of our wedding plans have taken place I can focus on getting into shape for the South Africa part of our wedding plans without feeling as though I missing out on various treats!

We ended the day watching some of the Euros and eating a Mcdonald’s as a last treat before our fitness kick starts on Monday.

Sunday 20th June 2021

I am definitely not ready for this week to end! I would much rather stay in mine and Marysia’s little bubble for a little bit longer but it is back to reality tomorrow.

As it is Father’s Day today I rang my Dad to wish him a happy Father’s Day and watch him open his presents. Also had a chat with my Mum and Dad about having a meal with them when Marysia and I go to Cambridge.

Marysia dropped me back at mine quite early as I had a lot to sort out before being back at work and reality tomorrow. Walking back into my room looking like a bomb had hit it after unpacking and repacking in a rush due to only pitstopping at my house on more than one occasion in the last few weeks meant that there was stuff everywhere!

As I was busy all day the time flew by and before I knew it it was time for lunch and Bev had made a roast dinner which was a very welcome break from sorting things out. By lunch time I had managed to put all my clothes away, generated 2 bags of rubbish (I am not sure where that had come from), set up my personal and work laptops, as well as my switch.

After lunch it was time to organise my books so they looked a little less cluttered, a quick chat with my Mum, a quick snack before crashing in front of the football to watch the Italy vs Wales game.

I am finishing the day off catching up on this weeks Grey’s Anatomy and Station 19 episodes.

I have an early start in the morning so I will definitely be heading to bed early.

2 responses to “Weekly Diary: 14th – 20th June 2021 The Week We Got Married”

  1. Congratulations on your nuptials! May you be blessed with many years of happiness 🙂


Leave a Reply


Design a site like this with
Get started