Monday 2nd August 2021

WOW. It has been one very busy Monday.

I was awake before my alarm so decided to just get up and head out for my morning walk. I set a goal time of 30 minutes on my fitbit and put my headphones in. The time seemed to disappear really quickly.

Once I got back home I made my self a cups of tea and some breakfast before firing up my work laptop. I worked through my emails before using the spare time before my shift to read a bit more of my book.

The day seemed to go by quite quickly due to being kept busy all day.

This evening I made my dinner, wrote a blog post and will be jumping in the shower before settling down for the evening with my book.

Tuesday 3rd August 2021

When I woke up this morning my legs were not my friends and they ached… ALOT. Which meant, as much as I didn’t want to, I skipped my morning walk. It did mean I had a little longer in bed though!

After I finally managed to drag myself out of bed I decided to make myself some breakfast and have a scroll through facebook and instagram before getting set up for work.

Work went by quickly but also dragged at times. I think it is because I was looking forward to getting finished and having my three days off.

I finally got my referral through for the Primary Mental Health Support Service and have a telephone appointment booked for September. Which is another step in the right direction.

I feel ready to crash but also kind of awake so I have a feeling this could be a rough night sleep wise.

Here is hoping I am wrong and I get a decent nights sleep. I need it.

Wednesday 4th August 2021

I had a kind of lay in this morning, after waking up at half 5 desperate for a wee I went back to bed and eventually got up at 7am.

I got ready and went out for my morning walk, the weather was ideal for it but half way round my legs started hurting and I ended up deciding to cut it short and head home so I could ice them and try again tomorrow. Slowly but surely I will be able to build it back up again.

After sorting my legs out I made myself some breakfast and watched a bit more of Love, Victor on Disney+ before it was time to settle down and start doing my coursework.

After doing my coursework for a few hours and attending a webinar about sleep I decided to have some lunch, left over spag bol whilst watching some more Love, Victor.

Once I had finsihed my lunch I decided to pop down to Aldi to get some chocolate chips so that I could make some oat cookies. Which I made as soon as I got in.

Whilst I was waiting for them to cool I had a video call with my Mum and a good catch up.

I then spent another couple of hours studying before crashing in bed to watch a few more episodes of Love, Victor whilst doing a little bit of painting. It has been a very chilled evening and definitely what I needed.

I have a pretty full on day again tomorrow so am hoping to have a decent nights sleep.

Thursday 5th August 2021

I did not want to get out of bed this morning. Mainly because I was really cosy and could hear the rain outside which made me want to stay wrapped up just a little while longer.

Once I finally left my warm, cosy bed I got dressed, made my breakfast and drank a cups of tea before joining a training session about mental health. It was really interesting and I definitely feel as though I have come away learning quite a bit. I still need to write up my notes from it so I can look back at them in the future.

My brain felt a little bit fried after that session so I decided to skip my IT coursework for the rest of the day and basically spent the rest of the day unwinding. I also did a few little jobs like hoovering my room, setting up my personal laptop for the next couple of days, putting washing away.

I had a bit of a video call with Marysia too which was really nice.

My evening has been spent trying to work out how to use a bracelet loom – I think I am getting the hang of it but it is going to take a little more practice.

The last book in the Good Girl’s Guide to Murder series arrived today so I think I am going to go and get comfy in bed and get stuck into that.

I plan on having a productive day tomorrow!

Friday 6th August 2021

My bed was definitely not the place I want to leave this morning but I knew I would regret it if I stayed in it, no matter how cosy I felt.

Once I finally broke myself free of the spell my bed had me under I went and made myself a cups of tea and some breakfast whilst watching a little bit of the Olympics.

The first thing and only real priority of the day was to get my IT coursework that I had planned for this week completed.

I am glad I did get on with it as after I had completed it and went for a walk I started to get a niggly headache which just seemed to get worse throughout the day. I eventually decided to try and sleep for half an hour to see if that would shift it but it didn’t really do a lot other than make me feel really groggy.

After I woke up I had a late lunch/ early dinner which I ate whilst watching this weeks Love, Victor. I then played fifa for a bit and did some of my painting. Basically tried to avoid sitting in front of my computer.

I was planning on having an early night as I am working tomorrow but now that this headache has shifted a little bit I have started to feel a bit more alert and alive. Sods law really!

Hopefully I start feeling sleepy soon!

Saturday 7th August 2021

I felt like I was in such a cosy cuccoon this morning that when my alarm went off I didn’t want to move.

I dragged myself out of bed and made my morning tea before firing up my work laptop and check my emails before my shift started.

As I had a little bit of time to kill I read a bit of my book before my shift actually started.

Work was busy for a Saturday and I couldn’t believe how quickly the day went!

After work I played on FIFA for a little bit before making my food.

It won’t be long before I crash tonight – feeling very tired!

Sunday 8th August 2021

Some how last night I managed to fall asleep without setting my alarm, luckily Marysia messaged me and my phone went off so that I got up in time to get ready for work.

I always struggle to get up for work if I have it on a Sunday.

As I was up a little later than I was planning to be it felt as though I was running around a little bit more than usual getting ready for the day. This was the case even though I didn’t have too much to do.

Work was pretty good especially as it was a Sunday. I managed to read a bit of my book too which was a bonus.

The weather was a little bit rubbish and I didn’t get a chance to go for a walk today – next week I definitely need to get back on top of this!

I feel like this has been a pretty slow week in general and I haven’t really done a lot. But I think that is what I have needed. The next few weeks are going to be a bit busier so it has probably done me some good to let my body do what it needs to.

This evening I will be attempting to finish my book, update my calendar and prep for the week ahead.

Leave a Reply


Design a site like this with
Get started